It’s time for spring cleaning and some security updates. We’ve added additional monitoring to help detect data retention failures. We’ve also added a new field on the Security Device tab. You can now enter in your login credentials for your security tech.
A couple of enhancements
- We’ve added additional monitoring to our database to help us detect any future data retention failures.
- We’ve added a new section to the Security Device tab that allows you to provide console login credentials for your security tech. To enter console login credentials, sign into Workbench as a Customer Admin, navigate to the Settings page, click the Security Devices tab, and add a new device or edit an existing one.
Other fixes (and a few odds and ends)
- When a remediation action is completed, it will now display a “Completed” tag rather than the previously displayed “Closed” tag.
- In the Investigation/Alert CSV Export, we noticed an offset that caused data to shift two columns to the right.
- After uploading a file to the initial lead of a manual investigation, we noticed the file would be deleted after refreshing the page, so we fixed this issue.
- We fixed an issue that was cutting off the Evidence Dump modal header.
- We made styling improvements to our “Block known bad hashes” remediation action email.