Are you someone who has led several security incidents across multiple technologies and find the opportunity to learn new things thrilling? Have you spent time building your skills, testing new theories and exploring complex problems? How does it sound to work somewhere where you can pull all that together, while helping others thrive along a similar path?
When you catch yourself daydreaming it is often because you like thinking like the attacker in order to make systems smarter vs. letting the systems drive you. We get that thinking, because we do it too. Our guess is you’ve also set up some stuff to expand your skills and test your theories – and it has been successful.
Ultimately though, you care about this work for a reason. You’re doing it to protect someone or something. And, over time your purpose has expanded, because now you are also in a position to guide and mentor the next generation of security talent, and this matters to you. This can be all in a day’s work here at Expel!
Does this sound like you? If yes, then we’d love to talk with you. We’re looking for someone who is deeply curious, passionate about helping customers to detect the bad guys and excited at the prospect of hunting around in customer networks for evil. We have an amazing team and believe you’ll love getting to know us.
Interested? Apply via email@example.com.
What Expel can do for you
- Give you an opportunity to take ownership of key processes and capabilities at Expel
- Empower you to coach and guide the methodologies you define
- Enable you to learn from other analysts & responders
- Ensure your voice is heard & tied directly to our business direction
- Connect you with technical & security leads across the security market
- Provide you with an entertaining, small, and highly transparent startup environment
- Challenge you to push the bounds of our security vision
What You can do for Expel
- Provide guidance, mentorship and oversight in delivering our services to customers
- Develop strategic recommendations to help customer improve their overall security program
- Lead incidents affecting our customers helping them rapidly respond
- Identify and drive improvements to our processes and technology
- Work to improve the enrichment, accuracy, and customer context of incidents
- Mentor associate security analysts
- Offer your expertise and step in to help when customers or other analysts need additional help and support
- Support our engagement managers in ensuring we are taking care of our customers with high levels of care and quality
What you should bring with you
- Strong defensive security fundamentals specifically in network traffic analysis, event log analysis, digital forensics of Windows-based systems, and basic malware triage
- Strong offensive security fundamentals including knowledge of common attack vectors and post exploitation techniques
- Proficiency with tools like tcpdump, Wireshark, Metasploit, Armitage, and the Sysinternals tools suite
- Fluency with network architecture and security infrastructure placement
- An understanding of Windows & Linux operating systems and command line tools
- A deep understanding of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP and core protocols
- Experience across a variety of network technologies is a tremendous advantage, especially as it relates to working with various detection engines
- Hands-on experience in software development and/or scripting is a plus
This role is based out of our offices in Herndon, Virginia. However, if you’re convinced we’d be making a huge mistake by not talking to you about the possibility of working remotely, then let us know.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
Interested? Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.