Do you have battle scars from working on the front lines of a security operations center? Maybe you were you a sysadmin in a prior life or a trusted security advisor with experience helping secure large corporate environments? Do you love the challenges that come with managing a diverse, ever-changing, corporate environment where priorities seem to conflict daily? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
You’ll be secret weapon for our customer’s security leadership. You help them assess risk within their environment, develop a strategic plan to improve, and provide the data necessary to enable them to lead change that makes them measurably better. Your job is to help customers get better by acting as a force multiplier, not spend all your time trying to convince your customers they’re getting value through boring PowerPoint presentations.
You take pride in the service we’re delivering and aren’t happy until our customers are absolutely delighted. And if they aren’t, you engage with operations, product management, and engineering to drive service improvements until they are. You’ve always got a pulse on our customers and we rely on you to ensure that everyone else in the organization does too.
As an Engagement Manager at Expel, you are the voice of the customer. You’ll ensure we’re empowering our customers to do what they love most about security (even if that’s thinking about it as little as possible). You’ll focus less on reporting the number of things we detect every month and spend more time partnering with customers to identify ways we can help improve their security posture and make them look like superheroes to the rest of their organization.
Interested? Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Expel can do for you
- Grow your skills in evaluating and improving security posture and communicating at the executive level
- Connect you directly with customers who truly want to get better at information security and need your help
- Arm you with tools and data to have meaningful conversations with customers to help them get measurably better
- Provide you with the opportunity to invoke change within the company to deliver a service both you and your customers are proud of
- Expose you to security programs and strategies of customers in different industries and of varying sizes
- Give you hands on experience with industry leading security technologies and analysis methodology (go as deep as you want!)
What you can do for Expel
- Partner with customers to measure risk to their organization and provide recommendations to reduce that risk
- Help customers build business cases to implement change that makes them more secure
- Act as a trusted security advisor to our customers, providing both tactical and strategic guidance across operational and executive teams
- Build positive relationships with customers and represent them and their needs during every meeting and with every conversation
- Work directly with Product Management, Engineering, and Operations to make sure we’re always working toward customer success
- Support sales by providing domain expertise and building relationships with prospective customers before they choose Expel
What you should bring with you
- An unyielding desire to delight customers
- Deep understanding of security technologies (endpoint, network, & SIEM) and how they can be used to disrupt attackers and enable defenders
- An understanding of the challenges affecting security programs today, and experience working through those challenges
- Knowledge of attack vectors, threat tactics, attacker techniques, and how to defend against them
- Experience applying NIST Cybersecurity Framework or other framework to assess risk is highly desirable (but not required)
- Courage to inspire change and innovate – not just operate
- Experience in a SOC environment as an analyst, sysadmin, or consultant/advisor is a major plus
- Flexibility and an openness to new challenges because, hey, startup life
- A keen sense of humor
This role is based out of our offices in Herndon, Virginia. If you’re convinced we’d be making a huge mistake by not talking to you about working remotely, do let us know.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
Interested? Apply via email@example.com.