First impressions count. But you know that … because you’ve led sales development teams that introduce new offerings to prospects hundreds of times a day. Heck … somewhere along the way you did it yourself.
Those teams may have gone by a different name: BDRs, SDRs or inside sales. At Expel we’ve got our eye on the long game. Our customers need to be able to trust us, and that starts the second you or someone on your team talks to them about joining our community. Our promise to them: we do what we say, and they will love what we do. We don’t use jargon, replay tired phrases to describe ourselves or negotiate like we’re trying to sell them a bridge.
We’re a breath of fresh air in an enterprise information security market that’s confusing, hostile and dominated by vendors focused on their widget instead of what customers actually want or need. Even if the timing isn’t right, we believe we should still offer value because chances are they’ll be a customer six or 12 months down the road.
Are you searching for a company with an enterprise security product customers actually love? Are you passionate about building the sales development function and intrigued by the chance to work somewhere that gives you space to do it in a new way? Are you driven to build teams that create new customers? Or maybe you just love selling products you know you can stand behind. If you find yourself nodding, we should talk.
Interested? Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Expel can do for you
- Surround you with highly collaborative sales and marketing teams that know the act of creating a long-term customer starts with building trust during that initial outreach
- Surprise you with the capability of our team and our willingness to creatively support your efforts, whether that’s via teaching you about Expel, creating new content or investing in tech you need
- Give you the opportunity to shine as you scale what we’ve already built, and open new directions for us to explore to create as many customers as we possibly can
What you can do for Expel
- Manage the end-to-end sales process including prospecting, qualifying and closing new opportunities with businesses up to 1,000 employees
- Define, build and lead a sales development team that finds and nurtures early-stage sales opportunities in a way that preserves what we believe in while meeting or exceeding our business goals
- Define a personalized but repeatable process for engaging and nurturing inbound prospects generated by marketing and provide feedback so we can improve our pipeline generation effectiveness
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and refine outbound account based marketing (ABM) programs that engage target accounts using a combination of email, phone and direct mail
- Work closely with sales leadership to ensure everyone knows who’s on first so prospects experience a flawless handoff process and don’t have to re-explain things as the relationship is transitioned to the outside sales rep
- Attract, enable, motivate and coach a passionate team while equipping them with the tech they need to eliminate drudge work from their queues
- Craft weekly, monthly and quarterly reports using Salesforce as the system of record so we know how we’re doing (and how we can do better)
What you should bring with you
- Success building innovative inside sales or sales development programs in business-to-business enterprise sales environments
- A passion for building a client-focused sales culture full of positive energy and built on integrity, creativity and transparency
- The ability to collaborate and build relationships with people at different levels and from diverse backgrounds including senior execs, sales managers, CISOs and IT security managers
- Experience developing incentive compensation plans, metrics, reports and executive dashboards
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce and tools to increase lead prospecting and nurturing efficiency
- 5 years sales experience including at least 2 years leading and running inside sales teams (and … better yet, experience with selling security products and services)
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story
We’re looking to hire someone to work from our Herndon, VA office.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
Interested? Apply via email@example.com.